Great to see this open sourced, this surely will go way ahead of its competitors, at least in the remote-communication category.
The tasks feature is awesome, but I see some improvements that be done to make it stand out.
Also, I checked out the roadmap, and the only task related plan I see is "ability to add comments on tasks.
Here are some of my feature requests that is going to be very helpful for adding more sophistication in tasks:
- Ability to create multiple checklists
- Ability to create subtasks / checklist items in bulk
- Ability to assign parent / child cards
- Ability to convert checklist items to card
- Ability to convert checklist items to child / parent card (this is useful, but not found in many task management platforms)
- Ability to convert all checklist items in a checklist to cards ( along with assigning them as child)
- Cards and boards to have a unique id
- Shareable links to a card or a board
- Cards and boards can be linked in a conversation
- enable boards to have a json export file similar to trello https://trello.com/b/rq2mYJNn/public-trello-boards.json
This will allow connectors/ custom integrations to be able to show reports on many areas of progress on boards
- Ability to see reports for all the tasks in a workspace
P.S. I am also a software engineer, and I’d be happy to help out with some of the features.